Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Her lipstick stain is a work of art.

Trying to make yourself feel great every single day (especially when in general you just don't feel up to waking up) is hard. Putting those pants on that used to fit perfectly, and now make you look like you have long lumpy thighs, or applying your usually smooth liquid liner and looking like you gave a child a permanent marker and told him to 'have at it'.

But there must be something we all do every single day to help just even get through the day.

Most people will tell you (or at least they told me) that you have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anything else in life. But I pose one question to them: when it's hard enough just getting up and starting your day, let alone being happy about it, what makes you think I can be happy with myself?

So what do I do? Whatever I want. Obviously. Within reason, you should just be doing whatever you want to feel awesome and happy and beautiful, because no one can take that away from you. Whether it's curling your hair every day, or wearing glitter eyeshadow every day, or wearing a pearl necklace every day. Whatever it is that makes you feel good and feel happy, do that every day! It'll start to get better, I promise.

I've begun my positive life change by wearing lipstick every single day. I know what you're thinking: how come I'm not accepting my face the way it is? You just cut it out. My face is awesome, and I know that. I'm just accentuating the greatness.

Now, let me tell you about which brands and colors I use. I'll start up by saying that I'm not one to have expensive makeup; I have different priorities than some girls, and therefore I don't see the need to spend lots of money on lipstick for myself. So I use brands bought at your local pharmacy.
First in the lineup, is a MAC color, and yes I know, MAC is expensive but HEY. I felt like splurging, k? First lipstick I ever bought. The color is called Girl About Town. And it looks like this:
Vibrant right? And yes, it is the best quality lipstick I own, and yes, it's totally worth the money, but that doesn't mean you should break the bank every time, my friends!
The next in line is Rimmel London, Kate Moss edition, and the color is an orange-y coral. No name, looks like this:
I wear this one when I'm feeling fun and crazy. Not all the time, but once in a while. It's a matte color, so no shine, and super long lasting. Don't be fooled though, these lipsticks will all still rub off on things, despite what any advertisement will say.
Next is another Rimmel London, Kate Moss edition color. I love Rimmel London, clearly. This color is more of an every day color:
Subtle, light, feminine, but still empowering and beautifying. Again, it's a matte color, and again, long lasting, but will rub off. Just be careful (without being too prissy) about your lipsticks, girls!
And last, but certainly not least, is my staple red lip color. Brand: Revlon. Name: Fire & Ice. And it goes like this:
I never used to be one for bright red colors. Especially near my face (I have a very Scottish complexion, and red will make me look like a lobster). That being said, I LOVE WEARING RED LIPSTICK. Do you want to just feel like a real woman? Wear red lipstick. Do you want to feel sexy? Wear red lipstick. Do you want to feel fun? Wear red lipstick. This is the most empowering lip color I have ever worn, and it's so classic, that I really do feel like the woman I am.

Ladies (and even gentlemen), don't be afraid to go bold. Wear lipstick every day! (Or whatever you want, wear liquid liner every day, whatever it is you fancy.) Just make sure you do something to make you feel empowered, sexy and confident.

Other than the one splurge on the MAC color, these lipsticks did not break my bank. In fact, they are all under 10$. Into it? Go check out your local Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, or any pharmacy/grocery store that sells makeup.

And remember to always find a man who ruins your lipstick, not your mascara. ;)

1 comment: